Tuesday 27 May 2014

Weekend Getaway

This weekend was a blast. The fiancé and I decided to take an impromptu anniversary (9 year anniversary) trip and it was amazing. We stayed in the luxury room at Hôtel Le Germain which had an amazing view and bathtub and shower. The water came out of the ceiling to fill up the bath tub. The luxury room definitely is luxurious. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone looking for a romantic/fun getaway. 





The first night we were there we decided to walk down the street and grab some food at Catch and The Oyster Bar. We sat on the patio which was great to watch the people walking and driving by in their beautiful cars. We started with a half dozen of oysters with an assortment of sauces and freshly shaved horseradish. Delicious. The fiancé ordered fish and chips, which were pretty amazing. I opted for the Clams Carbonara. It was super good. As I was in the middle of eating I found a baby crab amongst my pasta. It didn't bother me at all, it was neat actually. It's nice to know that their catches are fresh. Zak, the waitress and I decided that it was a sign of luck. The meal was really good. For dessert I decided to get the deconstructed s'mores. It was a chocolate ganache on a bed of graham crumbs, a roasted homemade marshmallow, and Bailey's ice cream. Sooo good. I can't even. 




The next day we woke up and ate at one of the nicest continental breakfasts ever. It was pretty fancy. Then we went to the zoo. It was awesome. I really love giraffes so I couldn't wait to see them. It was a magical day. 




Later that night we ate at Char|cut. It's an urban bbq house. They crank their own links and smoke their own meats. If you're a meat lover, you must make a pit stop here. My personal favourite part of the entire meal was the upside down carrot cake. It was soooo good. 



Before we headed home, we put Jelly Modern into our GPS and were on a mission. Let me just tell you, our mission succeeded. We chose six different flavours and they did not disappoint. 


We decided to get Mumbai Fog, Original Jelly, S'mores, Lemon Curd, Madagascar Vanilla, and Coconut. Yummy!

It was a wonderful weekend. What did you get up to this past weekend? Let me know, I'd love to hear! 



No comments:

Post a Comment