Tuesday 19 August 2014

Odysseo Cavalia: A Night Under the Big Top

Hey guys! I'm warning you now that this is going to be a picture heavy post. 

I'm quite happy, because last year a mysterious big, white circus tent popped up in the middle of our crowded city and we soon found out that it was Cavalia! A circus act involving beautiful horses. Last summer was quite the busy one so we didn't really have a chance in going. But to our surprise, it came back this year! I honestly didn't think we would go again because we (my fiancé and I) had opted to buy tickets to see Wicked! The musical.  But my fiancé  surprised me with tickets tonight. Not just ordinary tickets, but VIP tickets. It was seriously one of the best things I have ever seen, if you ever get a chance to go see it, I definitely recommend. 




The VIP Rendez-Vous Tent was amazing. It had a cool vibe to it, and definitely had lots of food and champagne. 


My fiancé and I went straight to the food. It did not disappoint. 


I know the plate is a mess but I started eating before I took a picture. (Bad blogger) I had baked brie with pecans on a crostini. It was sooo good. I washed it down with champagne obviously.


We then ate more and more. And obviously drank lots more champagne. Then over the loud speakers they announced the show was about to begin. So we grabbed one more flute of champagne and headed into the big top with excitement. 

There weren't supposed to be any photography or videography during the show but my sneaky fiancé grabbed a quick picture for me. The carousel scene is absolutely amazing. Actually the entire show is amazing. You need to see it. 


After the first hour had us on the edge of our seats, the horses and the insane acrobats needed a break. Dessert was now being served back in the VIP tent, so away we went. 


We grabbed an assortment of goodies, and obviously more champagne. 

Then we went back into the tent for the rest of our show. The last few acts are so amazing. I give mad props to the performers and set crew. It was just all magic. 

After the show was over and since we were VIP, we got to get a glimpse at the horses in their stables. The performers/trainers were feeding and watering them, while braiding their hair. They are the most beautiful creatures ever. 






We even got to take a picture with one of the performing horses and his trainer. So cool! Don't mind how gross we look, my hair was in a ponytail it was so humid in that tent. 

This night was perfect. Thank you to my fiancé for being so romantic and surprising me with such a great evening. Now we're just sitting here. I just finished taking off my makeup and drinking a tall glass of water. (So much champagne, but I'm not complaining). 

Have you ever seen Cavalia or plan on going? Or have you ever been to any Cirque du Soleil shows? I'd love to know. 


xo.







No comments:

Post a Comment