Sunday 24 August 2014

One Year

Happy Sunday friends! Yesterday my fiancĂ©, Zak and I just got back from a quick trip to the mountains. Jasper National Park, to be exact. One year ago, on August 21st, my best friend proposed to me while on a vacation in the mountains. It was perfect. It was on a little bridge at Pyramid Lake in Jasper, while the sun was setting, and it was just me and him. He nervously got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. After saying yes he told me about how he designed the ring using all four of our grandmother's gold, such as wedding bands, earrings, necklaces, etc. I don't think I had cried so much before in my life. Since that day a lot has happened and we couldn't wait to cap it off with another quick trip back to celebrate. I just love him so much. 

To me, Jasper is one of the prettiest places and one of my all time favourite places. As soon as you pull into the mountains you see such gorgeous wildlife and pools of emerald green and bright blue waters. 
Gorgeous emerald waters



The town has a garden that is welcomed to be used by all. Just close the gate so the pesty Elk don't get in.




When we got engaged, Zak had rented us a cabin at the Pine Bungalows, this time around we camped. It was a good time cooking delicious meals and obligatory s'mores on the campfire. It was quiet and relaxing. 




Foot rubs by the fire are good too. :) 

Where we were camping was situated right next to a river. We decided to go for a hike along the way. There is just so much beauty to take in. I snapped a few photos, including one of some brave souls white water rafting on a somewhat cold day. 


 Pink rock amongst white ones. 


On our way back into Jasper, we stopped at this spot called Leach Lake. I know the name of it sounds kind of eerie, but believe me. It's a gorgeous spot with lots of fish and a perfect place to stop and have a picnic. 
My stairway to heaven.

The last day, we decided to go back to the spot where we got engaged and reminisce. I'll never forget it. I'm so thankful for my sweet, husband to be. 



What a perfect couple of days and way to spend our one year engage-aversary. I love you, Zak. I can't wait to see what adventures unfold in years to come. Oh - and that special wedding day of course. Here's to planning..


xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment